- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required. Applications with lesser GPA shall be considered by the Scholarship Committee in the context of the applicant’s other strengths.
- Scholarships are limited to support during undergraduate education in an accredited college or university.
- The number of scholarships is normally three to six, and their respective size is dependent on available funds and may vary each year. Normally, each scholarship shall be for $2,500 or $3,000 per year towards tuition at a student’s university of choice. The scholarship is for one year and the recipient must maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher. As additional funds become available from any source, the Scholarship Committee may award additional scholarships each year. These additional scholarships shall be at a minimum of $1500.
- Applicants may submit applications, transcripts, essays and letters of reference starting June 1. The deadline for submissions is August 31; recipients will be notified by October 31.
- Only your completed application, transcripts, essay and three letters of reference will be evaluated. No other information is required or desired; please confine your responses to the space provided.
- The Scholarship Committee shall consist of:
– The current President of the AFAA
– The current Friends Vice President of the AFAA
– The current Secretary of the AFAA
– Any Ace or Friend personally sponsoring a scholarship
- Consideration will be given to applicants who are:
– Lineal descendants of past and/or current members of the AFAA
– Lineal descendants of Honorees
– Dependents of Friends of the AFAA currently active in the AFAA at the time of applicant’s submission
– Dependents of AFAA Top Gun recipients
– Dependents of active duty or retired military parents
– Members of the General Public